Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Her Bid To Become Atlanta’s 60th Mayor
(Atlanta) – Keisha Lance Bottoms officially announced her candidacy to become the 60th Mayor of Atlanta. On the steps of City Hall, Bottoms commemorated her bid for Atlanta’s most prestigious elected seat.
“I am equally excited to serve the communities in Bankhead and Buckhead,” Bottoms said to constituents who gathered at City Hall. “Each of our communities is unique and deserve to be uplifted according to their individual needs”.
As Atlanta’s next Mayor, Bottoms vows to:
* Ensure that every child has the same access to quality education
* Keep Atlanta families, homes and schools safe from crime
* Create high paying jobs for our working families
* Keep Atlanta affordable for ALL, including protection of residents from losing their homes because of outrageous property tax increases and rising rents
* Improve access to health care, especially for seniors and veterans
* Create the most transparent and ethical administration in the nation
As City Councilmember for District 11, Bottoms has worked diligently and has led the increase of the City’s minimum wage to $15 per hour and championed the creation of a Displacement Free Zone that collects funds for long-term residents to help with the rising costs of property taxes and rent. She also led the $350 million sale of Turner Field to Georgia State and voted YES to increase the number of police officers in the city.
The Keisha Lance Bottoms for Mayor Campaign Headquarters is located at 2358 Cascade Road SW, Atlanta, GA 30318 and is open Monday – Saturday from 9am – 5pm.