UNICORN SLIME ANYONE?
Who doesn’t love Unicorns? Who hasn’t wanted to see a Unicorn? Everyone can use a little magic in their life. Mario and I had an amazing time this morning at the Kids’ Club® DIY class at our local Michael’s. Did you know that every Saturday Michael’s hosts a Kids’ Club® Class? Did you know that the cost is under $5? In fact the cost is only $2 (includes all supplies) and the starting age is 3. How awesome is that? The Kids’ Classes goal is to help children discover the educational and developmental benefits of crafting. Check out your local Michael’s and let your kids explore their creativity! This is definitely a great project to do with the kids over the upcoming Christmas break. Who doesn’t love slime and Unicorns? In the event you’re looking for the perfect gift for the little one in your family….why not give the gift of some good ole slime? Follow the steps below and place it in a fancy gift box, add a bow and surprise a little one! Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of this super easy project! READY! SET! GO!
- Elmer Glue (White) or Glitter Glue 4oz
- Paint (To color)
- Saline -Contact Solution
- Baking Soda
- Paper Cup
- Craft Stick
- Parchment Paper
- Fun Toppings/Glitter (if desired)
- Cellophane Bag
- Bag Tie
- Pour 4 ounces of Elmer Glue into paper cup and add a few drops of paint to color. Use craft stick to stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of saline (contact solution). Continue to stir.
- Add .5 tablespoon of baking soda. **Fun Fact: It’s imperative to stir during this step…stir until the slime does not attach to the cup any longer**.
- Add Fun Topping/Glitter if desired.
- Fold out slime onto parchment paper and continue to knead until its forms.
- Place Unicorn Slime into cellophane bag and tie to seal.