Today I arrived in Los Angeles for a business/mini vacation trip. I had heard about BJ’s and thought since I was in town why not give them a try. After all BJ’s allows you to dine while feeling at home and a place to come and simply hang out with your old friends while meeting new ones. BJ’s literally brings to the table:
- An innovative, Southern California twist on Chicago-style deep dish pizza.
- Award-winning handcrafted beer and soda made with the highest-quality ingredients (149 awards since 19 96, to be exact).
- Flavorful EnLIGHTened items under 795 calories and a gluten-free menu.
- Signature salads, handcrafted burgers and outstanding specialty entrees.
- The dessert that all desserts aspire to be: our world-famous Pizookie®.
Their menu is filled with so many choices it was almost impossible to decide which one I truly wanted to try. I decided to try something new for my appetizer and choose the Avocado Egg Rolls, a blend of avocados, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, chipotle peppers and spices. Served with a sweet tamarind sauce.
I was craving ribs but after a long flight I wasn’t interested in eating a huge plate of them so I decided to try their brand new Root Beer Glazed Ribs. These are some of the best Baby Back Ribs made with BJ’s Handcrafted Root Beet BBQ Glaze. Served with sriracha slaw topped with green onions. The ribs were delicious but let me warn you the sriracha slaw was a bit spicy and made with too much onions but hey if you’re an onion lover than the sriracha slaw is perfect for you. All in all the food was amazing but the service simply was not there. My fries came out before my ribs and were cold so I sent them back when in fact they were suppose to come out with the ribs. Although there were a few hiccups in my opinion the restaurant is definitely one to visit with traveling through L.A.