SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA FRIGHT FEST VIP MEDIA DAY
Hey Darlings! Guess what? It’s that time of year again! Are you ready for a Spooky Time with your family? Lucky for you it’s time for Six Flags Annual Fright Fest. Imagine your favorite theme park completely transformed into a frightening park full of zombies, goblins, ghouls and witches. The kids and I were invited out on last night to attend the VIP MEDIA Day. We’ve been a great support of Six Flags Over Georgia for so long honestly I have lost count on how many Fright Fest events that we’ve attended. I believe this is probably our Fifth year as VIP Media guest. Click here and here to see previous years coverage.
Fright Fest, presented by SNICKERS®, is officially back for select days September 22-October 31 at Six Flags Over Georgia. If you’ve never attended or the thought crossed your mind, I would highly recommend going at least once. This is the only time that you can gather up the entire family and enjoy thrills and activities throughout the day and come back for a truly frightening evening of fun after the sun goes down. This year I honestly feel like they definitely stepped up the game as it pertains to Fright Fest 2018. I’ve noticed that over the years they have continuously added a wider variety of places to get your scare on including several haunted houses and scare zones located throughout the park. Literally this is the stuff that nightmares are made of lurking around every corner as the dark of night washes over the park. The ghouls are set free for their daily hunting rituals. BEWARE! There is no place to hide!
Our evening began while the sun was still out luckily for us because we had the opportunity to head behind-the-scenes to see what steps go into play to create the illusion that you see once the sun sets. Trust me there is a ton of work that goes into creating these frightening creations before they are all set free in the park. I love that the amazing make up artist all run a tight ship and have mastered their craft to the point of creating amazing gruesome artwork on the teams faces in a matter of minutes.
While we were taking our tour behind-the-scenes we met a few more scary zombies and mass murders. It’s crazy how realistic their makeup looks. Trust me its one thing to see them in the daytime but at night after the sun sets it’s another story.
As we made our rounds around the park we found ourselves running into creatures all over the park. What I found particularly interesting is the Fright Fest zombies and witches were very good at their job. We passed by a few and because they stood or sat they were extremely still so at some points I thought that they were not actual people. Boy was I wrong! Disclaimer: If by chance you watch my Instastories and IGTV just know that I was terrified!
In a nutshell…..ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ON HALLOWEEN!
- Evil Passage – This dark corridor leads to a modest room that holds a wicked secret. In the sunken place your screams go unheard.
- Alien Aduction – All NEW 6,00 square foot facility where evil aliens are living, working and breeding.
- Camp Slasher – Rain Burn Camp, better known as Camp Slasher, is open this Halloween and campers will get lessons in dissection that you’ll never forget.
- Madeline – Do you dare follow the trail of gore to uncover the mysteries of the Blood Stained Bride?
- The Witch’s Hollow – There is an unnatural force that controls all that the woodlands hold. Do not be deceived by the tranquility of this place for it was created to lure you into The Witch’s Hollow.
- ZX-1 – The end of days is near. A deadly infection is rapidly wiping out mankind. Mutations are forming within the genes of the human race, causing everyone to be infected with a horrid abomination.
Six Flags Over Georgia also offers alternative entertainment known as MONSTERTAINMENT. These take place in various places around the park during Fright Fest. Here are your options:
- The Uprising – An evil army is stirring and the tortured souls only answer one call – to come out at once and terrify you all night long.
- Dr. Fright’s Dead Man’s Party – Dr. Fright returns for another terrifying and twisted show and brings his entire crew of minions back from the dead.
- Bad Bob The Bone Butcher – Deputy Leon P. Jones is in charge of the rotten coffin of Bad Bob. It’s old west slapstick slaughter when Bad Bob comes back to like and has a bone to pick with Jones.
- Demonatrix Unleashed – A band of deadly female demons lure you into this gripping show…literally as you rock out to heart pumping hits!
While your spoiled with all of this Spooky Goodness keep in mind that the rest of the park is also opened so you still get to enjoy your favorite rides just with a twist of FRIGHT!
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ATTRACTION AT FRIGHT FEST?
**We were hosted as VIP Media to attend the 2018 MEDIA NIGHT. All opinions in this post are all my own. This post also contains affiliate links**