Hey Ladies & Gentlemen! Its Relationship Wednesday or at least today it is….so let’s have a discussion. Do people still go out on dates? It’s clear that Dating is a way to collect DATA on one another but is that something that is still done? I posed this question on Facebook today and received so many different answers which had me thinking. Do people even meet and ask to go out on a date or do we live in a world where dating doesn’t exist but sex is now the new form of collecting data on an individual but on an unstable emotional level. I was able grasp opinions from both females and males. In today’s post I am going to share a few discussions.
Here’s the #RelationshipWednesday question that I asked on Facebook Today:
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!
How has dating changed over the last ten years 2009-2019? Let’s talk about it!
A few responses from the women:
- Some men want one or multiple Girlfriends and aren’t interested in marriage.
- Both females and males lack of commitment.
- More established men are afraid to ask women out because they are intimidated.
- There is a lack of committing to a long-term relationship from both male and female.
- The new norm is now utilizing Internet dating sites.
- Dating is a thing of the past.
- Dating over 45 is difficult due to the dynamics changing
- Both men and women are often in different places in their lives.
- There are those who date with the intention of getting married while some have absolutely no intention.
- Is there now an age restriction on dating?
A few responses from the men:
- No one dates anymore.
- Men who have themselves together are developing higher/different levels of expectations and place more emphasis on the real building blocks that create the foundation of a relationship.
- Women have always expected more, however they may have not always received what they’ve expected from a man or a relationship.
- Men are realizing sex, an occasional meal and child rearing are ok but aren’t an adequate trade off in a relationship