Lego Kids Fest is coming to the Cobb Galleria on June 27-29 at the Cobb Galleria Centre, Atlanta, GA. I don’t know if I was more excited or my soon to be eleven year when I made the big announcement. My son is a Lego fanatic! If you don’t believe me just take a look at my mantle piece, it’s filled with some of his Lego Creations. I say some very loosely because this kid request Legos for great report card, birthdays, Christmas, Easter and even when his tooth comes out. My son also saves his money to purchase his Lego sets as well. This will be a great addition to the many memories that we have created as a family. I welcome you to take a look into my sons Lego World. These are just some of his many creations.
Just in case you’re not familiar with Lego Kid Fest here are some details:
Held over three days, this nationally-travelling, interactive LEGO extravaganza brings all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in an activity and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
Covering over 150,000+ square feet of space. the LEGO KidsFest consists of five sessions over three days. Each of the sessions offers the same interactive activities and play areas for all ages, including:
• LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
• LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from professional LEGO builders
• Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
• Race Ramps: build your own custom car, and race it down the ramp against friends and family
• LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
• Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
• LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
• LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO and official KidsFest tour merchandise
• Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
• Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
• Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets “Any family who likes to be inspired, get hands-on and have fun together won’t want to miss LEGO KidsFest,” said Vince Rubino, LEGO events manager. “We’re bringing so many activities for Louisville-area families to test and showcase their creativity and building skills in what is sure to be a family event to remember.”
At each tour stop, the LEGO KidsFest partners with national and local organizations and businesses whose products, services and promotional efforts are kid-friendly and beneficial to attendees. This includes local sports teams, family-friendly venues and attractions, educational organizations and tourism boards. National tour partners include Play-Well Teknologies®, Honest Kids® – Honest Tea®, New York Life®, DK Publishing®, and Guidecraft®.
In each market, LEGO KidsFest partners with a hotel near the venue to offer a family-friendly overnight package for families traveling from a distance who want to stay overnight.
On tour since 2009, nearly 500,000 have attended a LEGO KidsFest. Previous tour stops include Minneapolis, Boston, Austin, Cincinnati, Denver, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Raleigh, Richmond, Louisville and Houston. Tickets for many cities have sold out with 25,000 to 30,000 visitors in attendance at each venue.
The LEGO KidsFest national tour is produced by LIFE Marketing & Events llc. (LM&E) based out of West Hartford, CT. LM&E has partnered with LEGO Systems producing over 15 tour stops since 2009.
Check Out these cool pictures from previous Lego Kid Fest compliments of http://www.legokidsfest.com
Visit their website for additional information http://www.legokidsfest.com/