Life can sometimes wear you down. You find yourself dealing with work, deadlines, family and kids. The stress can be unbearable at times and you’re looking for a way to unwind and relax. Why not consider getting a massage? After all its a great way to step away from life’s hustle and bustle. Are you ready?
So you’ve made the decision to have a massage. What’s next? If you’re a person who has never had a massage or if you’ve had one but didn’t quite anticipate how your massage would go then these 10 tips are perfect for you!
- Set aside time for your massage. Schedule your massage on a day that you can completely relax and not be rushed.
- Select a massage center close to home so that your drive is short and you can continue to relax at home after your session.
- Wear something comfortable and super easy to take off. Remember your massage will normally be 60-90 minutes.
- Turn off your cell phone to maximize your massage.
- Be open with your therapist about your pressure points. Let them know if it’s not enough or too much pressure. If this is your first massage I would not recommend a deep tissue massage.
- Bring your own spa relaxing cd for your session if it will help you to relax better.
- Breathe deeply. As your oxygen flows you will feel the release and better during your massage.
- Consciously relax your mind and body. Focus on one body part at a time. Leave all stress outside of the massage room.
- Feel free to allow yourself to be immersed in the massage! Escape for an hour!
- Purchase any relaxation creams, lotions or candles from your massage center that helped you relax so you can use them on stressful days.