Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching why not change your normal routine for your lover and add some Sweet Bites to your Love Day instead of the normal unhealthy gifts of sweets. Chef Anthony Stewart, Executive Chef at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa has taken the guest work out of couples worrying about creating a healthy Valentine’s Day Dinner. Why not show your significant other how much you love them by preparing these recipes that are not only healthy but delicious.
Banana Berries and Cottage Cheese Salad created by Chef Anthony Stuart, Executive Chef at Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa
Serving: ½ cup
- 3 each bananas sliced ¼ inch think
- ¼ cup fresh raspberry
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries cut into halves
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ cup fat free low sodium cottage cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Chill and serve garnish with fresh mint
Carrot Stuffed Bison Tenderloin created by Chef Anthony Stuart, Executive Chef at Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa
Serving size: 4 oz.
- 1 whole grass-fed bison tenderloin(cleaned and ends remove)
- 2 whole carrots peeled and shaved down and blanche
- 2T Pritikin all purpose seasoning
- 2T salt free lemon pepper
- 2T ground coriander
- Place a roasting pan in the oven at 400 degrees to pre-heat.
- Combine all purpose, lemon pepper and coriander and season tenderloin
- Insert a boning knife in the center of tenderloin lengthwise and turn making a hole. Repeat from the other end.
- Insert the whole carrots into the center incisions making sure the carrots meet in the center
Chilled Raspberry & Cucumber Soup created by Chef Anthony Stuart, Executive Chef at Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa
Portion size: 1 Cup
- 3 cups fresh raspberry washed
- 1 cup seedless cucumber chopped
- ¼ cup seedless cucumber finely diced for garnish (reserve for the end)
- ¼ cup apple juice concentrate
- 3 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (except finely diced cucumber) and blend
- Chill and serve garnish with finely diced cucumber on top
Chef’s note: Fresh basil or mint goes nicely with this dish
Butternut Cheesecake created by Chef Anthony Stuart, Executive Chef at Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa
Yield: 8 Portion ½ c
- 1 Grainfield’s corn flakes
- ¼ c apple juice concentrate
- 1 cream cheese, fat-free
- ¼ cottage cheese
- 1 Pk Silken Tofu or ½ cup skim milk
- ½ C Roasted Butternut squash pureed
- ½ c Splenda
- 2 T vanilla
- ½ c egg whites
- Grind corn flakes in cuisenart until fine, mix with apple juice and layer in bottom of cake tin and bake for 3 minutes to set crust.
- Mix cream cheese with tofu & cottage cheese in cuisenart until very smooth. In large bowl mix egg whites, splenda, pureed butternut squash & vanilla with spoon (not whisk). Add to cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes in a hot water bath.