The kids and I have been on a difficult journey to eat healthier and can I just say that it has truly been an experience. When you have spent years eating take-out, soul food heavily seasoned and unlimited seafood there is an expectation that this may be a difficult task. The last few months I have been teaching them the importance of us as family eating healthier and exercising. Well we have the exercising down to T! As a mother of 3 very, very active sons if I don’t stay up with them I would bond to be left behind but luckily for me I can keep up.
The past few weeks I have been on a mission to teach my kids super simple meals that they can prepare in under 30 minutes. I mean after all Boys need to know how to cook too! The latest meal that we prepared was Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Trust me when the boys heard what we were preparing the two younger ones turned up their head while my oldest was on board. So let’s get started!
This meal is supper easy to prepare and will cost you under $20 bucks. I purchased some frozen Tyson Grilled Chicken Strips from Sam’s Wholesale for around $11, three bunch of romaine lettuce for $2, a few Roma tomatoes for $.91, a Cucumber for $.99, Strawberry Balsamic Dressing for $2.25, Mexican Blend Cheese $1.79 and we always have pecans around the house because my father buys them in large bulks and have them shipped to us.
- Grilled Chicken
- Roma Tomatoes
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- Any Balsamic Dressing (We used Strawberry)
- Dice up Cucumbers and tomatoes (Size doesn’t matter..its your preference)
- Sautéed the chicken in real butter and crumbled up the pecans (because who doesn’t love buttery pecans?)
- Cut the bottoms off of your lettuce and rinse the leaves
- Place the lettuce leaves on your plate
- Add chicken/pecan mixture and spread throughout the lettuce leaves
- Next add cucumbers and tomatoes, then cheese blend
- Finally add your cheese and Presto! Dinner Time!!
Stay Tuned For More Kid Friendly Healthy Recipes