Everyday Is Special With Viki’s Granola
I know your mouth must be watering just from reading the title. My grandmother use to tell me when I was little that “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Although I’m an adult that simple saying has always stuck with me throughout my life. Since the latter portion of 2016 I have been on a healthy living journey which isn’t limited to yoga and fitness. I have been working diligently to teach my kids how to each healthy and how we can create our own sweet treats. Imagine how excited we were to finally have the opportunity to try Viki’s Granola.
The kids and I have been on a journey to finding a granola that can serve multiple purposes for us as well as a great taste. I was recently introduced to Viki’s Granola. Just in case you’re wondering how Viki’s Granola came about: It all started with one busy mom. In her kitchen. Getting ready for a school bake sale. The rest is history.
My mornings are pretty routine. First I wake the kids up, prepare breakfast and get them off to school. I’m thankful for the days that they decide to eat breakfast at school because it gives me a few more ZZ’s before getting them off to school. Once the kids are off then I get ready for the gym. I workout for about an 1.5-2 hours before returning home for a quick bite to eat before starting my work day with clients. Viki’s were so thoughtful and sent us over a few bags of their granola: Original and Maple Cranberry. I took the opportunity to prepare myself a quick snack to give the granola a trial run. Boy was I happy! Let’s call my morning snack Banana Mini Parfait. LOL!
Trust me this was so simply to whip up! It will take you all of 5 minutes!
- Viki’s Granola Maple Cranberry
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Layer the bottom of your bowl with Viki’s Granola Maple Cranberry
- Add a layer of sliced bananas.
- Add a layer vanilla yogurt.
- Repeat steps 1-3. Enjoy!
Easy Peasy Right? Now just imagine you’ve been teaching the benefits of eating healthy and eliminating unnecessary sweets but you’re craving something extra yummy. Have you had your daily apple yet? As I was thinking about what would be a great dessert that the entire family would enjoy, I thought about my grandmothers peach crisp & baked sweet potato and I thought why not bake a few apples and make a healthy yet delicious topping. Well here goes…. Granola Stuffed Apples! Guess what? They are super easy to make.
- 2-4 Organic Gala apples (cut in half and cored)
- 2 cups of Viki’s Granola Original
- 2 Tablespoons of salted butter (please melt)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the apple halves on a cookie sheet
- Mix the granola with melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Top the apple halves with granola.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, uncovered.
- Allow apples to cool then top with French Vanilla Ice Cream.
“These opinions are my own and I was sent samples of Viki’s Granola to facilitate this post.”