Everyone stand up and scream to the top of your lungs……SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!
April is finally coming to an end and May is rapidly approaching upon us and with the change comes the time for Summer Break for those of you with kids. I am especially excited for the Spring/Summer Season because I plan to travel the entire three months with the kids. The warmer months mean swim suits, shorts, sunscreen, hats and dresses among other things that comes along with the season. I have been traveling for both work and pleasure for the last five years non-stop and each time I discover something new each and every time. I can’t tell you how many times I have planned, packed and forgot something and this happens often. I get asked a lot about my journeys and decided to start documenting on my blog. This list will feature My Top 20 Traveling Tips.
1.I travel abroad a lot so having clean drinking water is important! Always Pack a reusable water bottle! If you’re traveling with kids I suggest the ones that clip on to your bag since you will end up carrying theirs too.
2. Pack light! Yes I’m a Fashionista but when traveling I always pack very light. Guess why? Because I plan on shopping and you can always wear some of your Fab new clothes.
3. Don’t pack clothes that need to be ironed.
4. Always keep copies of your passport in discreet places when traveling abroad.
5. Always pack a first aid kit and include the following: Ibuprofen, Claritin, NyQuil, bandages, Tums, Rolaids and sanitizers . Trust me this comes in handy when you least expect them to.
6. Always have travel size Clorox wipes handy for wiping down public & hotel restrooms.
7. Always travel with cash. I would never rely on modern technology because you will be surprised how many times credit card machines are down and sometimes for hours when traveling to some destinations.
8. Travel with luggage that has turn able wheels. American Tourister is my favorite.
9. Don’t forget to pack your camera charger and if possible purchase an additional charger in case of emergencies.
10. Pack your most comfortable tennis shoes even if they are the raggedy ones..lol
11. Contact your credit card company before you travel to alert them that you will be traveling.
12. Pack a totes or bags that fold up into a small package to slip into your backpack. You can use this to collect your souvenirs
13. Take plenty of naps while traveling. TRUST ME! If you’re adventurous like me you will need a nap.
14. Pack a couple of books that you have put off reading. Laying on the beach is perfect for reading.
15. Always meet the local people! Please make it a point to start conversations with local people.
16. Wake Up Early. Rise at sunrise to get to the best attractions first to avoid the crowds.
17. Always pack a scarf and have one handy for sun protection, a makeshift towel or even rigging something to carry stuff around
18. Take out a few minutes daily and slow down your thoughts and pay close attention to the details around you. The smells, sounds and the human interactions Just meditate on the natural beauty that surrounds you!
19. Keep an open mind. Remember depending on where you travel you will experience new cultures.
20. The most important Tip: Get Lost on Purpose! The best way to have an experience is to just do it! Be adventurous! You can pick up a bus or train schedule and just jump on and go! I remember my very first trip to London. My father and mother were worried about me traveling alone because they knew that I was going to wander off and all about London bur hey that’s the only way that I learned my way around. Sure I got lost quite a few times and soon it all became familiar now when I go annually it’s so familiar that it feels like home and I have to search for a new place to start an adventure.
*I have been traveling the world for about five years and it has been one of the highlights of my life. I plan to one day travel for a living but until then I will continue to take as many trips as I possibly can alone and with my family for as long as I shall live*