Hey Darlings! What better way to start the month of than with an amazing lunch with Visit Savannah and Tybee Island? Have ever told you guys that I am from Savannah? Perhaps I’ll do a Q&A later this month. Any who! I got all dolled up and headed downtown to the lovely 5 Church Atl restaurant. If you’ve never dined there then I highly suggest that you add it to your dining list. 5Church’s cutting edge interior design & sophisticated ambiance is the perfect setting for your any social gathering, dinner or special events. The restaurant was the perfect location for a Visit Savannah event. The ambiance itself screams “Southern Hospitality” with a twist of “Elegance”.
The day started with a networking session, a delicious southern cocktail compliments of Savannah Bourbon, lunch followed by a very informative presentation from the Visit Savannah Team. As a Savannah native I was so excited to learn about all of the amazing things that are in store for Savannah. I suggest if you haven’t visited Savannah and Tybee Island book your trip TODAY! Here are a few fun facts and exiting things that are in store for Savannah AKA CPORT.
- The Port of Savannah is the 3rd fastest growing port in the world and the 4th largest in the United States
- 36 Weekly vessel calls, more than any other container terminal on the U.S. East Coast
- 4.2 million TEU’s in FY 2018
- Savannah is the fastest growing industrial market on the US
- Industrial Development Tract: 719 acres and 433 upland acres
- The film industry brought in 120.1 million in revenue
- Gulf stream Aerospace Corporation is the largest aerospace manufacturer in the Southeast and employs 12,000
- Savannah’s central location between Gulf stream, Boeing, Embraer and Airbus enables convenient just-in-time deliveries and same-day, round-trip service
- In 2017, SEDA created the Savannah Creative Technologies Incentives. The first recipient was OnePoint Digital.
- The Savannah Logistics Technology Corridor Task Force has secured $400,000 from the State of Georgia in the 2020 budget. In addition, there will be a $50,000 grant from both the City of Savannah and SEDA for a total of $500,000 going forward. The money will go towards a Site Selection Study and Design for the Logistics Technology/Innovation Hub
- SCAD has world-class programs in interactive design and game development.
- The Alida (Affluent) Hotel brings a timeless charm on Savannah’s revitalized riverfront. The hotel consists of 173 rooms, The Rhett & The Lost Square and Ultra-Sleek Rooftop & Pool.
- The J.W. Marriott will be opening in the Plant Riverside District (Old Georgia Power Building) on 4.5 acres of Riverfront District, 419 rooms, a plethora of restaurants and 500 Person Live Entertainment Venue
- The Olde Pink House Restaurant which opened in 1771 suffered a fire on late last year (2018) and has recently reopened and BETTER THAN EVER!
- Starland District was as a hub for creative minds, businesses and culture in Savannah. Today more than 250 abandoned houses and buildings in the Starland District have been restored by individuals and small companies. Check out the Starlandia Art Supply, Foxy Loxy Cafe, House of Strut and Two Tides Brewing Company/
- Tybee Island is conveniently located just 20 minutes from downtown Savannah. Historically its been the preferred vacation spot since the late 1800’s.
- The Deck Beach Bar & Kitchen is the latest addition to Tybee Island. Enjoy amazing seafood and cocktails alongside the best view on the beach.
Amongst those in attendance were Savannah Bourbon (some of the BEST TASTING Bourbon) that I have ever had in my life. Trust me the Sweet Tea Bourbon was life! Oh My God! The ice cream from Leopold’s will change your entire life. You simply can’t visit Savannah without heading there for a few scoops of ice cream. I’m 43 and I’ve been enjoying them at least 40 years of my life if not more. I’m so excited that they celebrate their 100th year this year and what better way to celebrate than with a HUGE PARTY! Everyone is invited on August 17th!
While you’re in town don’t forget to head to The Salt Table for some spices and a wine tasting of some of Georgia’s finest wines. I’m heading home next week so stay tuned to my Instastories because it’s about to go down! Special thanks to Erica, Summer, Ansley, Trip, Rachel, Chelsea, Dave and Carey for an amazing time! I’m looking forward to coming home next week.