Happy Travel Tuesday! Traveling is a wonderful feeling and if you’re married it can either be a great or not so great trip when your spouse travels with you. For me when I was married I it was a blessing to have a husband who loved traveling as much as me as and perhaps more than me. I know that’s probably hard to believe but he was in the Air Force so he had the opportunity to see the world and learned to love the feeling that traveling gave him on his travels. So without further ado Today’s Tuesday Tip is 5 Tips for Traveling Couples.
- Equally agree on your destination. Make sure that the both of you do research to ensure that there are activities that you can enjoy together and apart.
- Enjoy activities together, drinks by the pools, couples massages and touring together. Take this time to enjoy one another and just have fun. This is great for bonding with each other and alone time away from your kids if you have them.
- Make sure that you give each other a time out. Hence that’s why it was imperative to ensure that there were activities available for you two as individuals. This is the time to do the things that you enjoy doing like reading a book, golfing, jet skiing, spa day or walking along the beach. You get the idea.
- Plan for at least one formal romantic dinner. Ensure that you pack a nice dinner dress and dinner slacks & jacket and meet each other at a restaurant and have a date night while on vacation.
- Leave your electronics alone and only allow each other one hour to surf the net, check emails and call back home a day. Remember you’re on vacation and all you should be doing is enjoying one another and having a great time!
See you next week for Travel Tuesday! Please feel free to share your travel adventures with me. I would love to hear them.