Easy Cotton Candy Shirley Temple For Any Occasion
The kids and I have dined in to O’Charley’s many times and each and every time they ask can they please order a Cotton Candy Shirley Temple Drink. If you’ve ever ordered one that you know that they are around $4-5 times two can be pretty pricey. I don’t allow them to get one every time we are there but on special occasions that’s a treat for them. I have made my own version for them several times at home over the past years especially for birthday parties or as a reward.
My youngest Mario had been hinting around that he was craving a Cotton Candy Shirley Temple so I told him if he exceeded his reading goal after only being in school for less than three weeks that I would make both him and his brother one as a reward. Needless to say that not only did he knock out his reading goal but so did his Billy. As I previous stated this drink will cost you anywhere from $8-20 depending on how many kids you have and if you opt to also order them an additional one because there are no refills on this kid favorite drink, in fact they don’t even offer the drink in a kid size option, its more of an adult dose! You can make this drink for under $5.00 with these easy to follow instructions and by purchasing the majority of your items from the Dollar Tree & Wal-Mart.
- 2-Liter Lemon-Lime Soda $.89 (Wal-Mart)
- 2 Mason Jugs $2.00 (Dollar Tree)
- 1 Bag of Cotton Candy $1.00 (Dollar Tree) (The price can increase if you're making more than 2)
- Straws $0.00 (I'm sure you have some in the cupboard)
- Fill Mason Jugs with Lemon-lime soda and a straw.
- Top with Cotton Candy. (Make sure that you add enough to cover the top so the cotton candy can melt into the soda.
- Stir and Enjoy! Easy Peasy!
**Variations: Add Cherries and 2 Tablespoons of Cherry Juice; Add Strawberries before adding Strawberry Flavor Cotton Candy and enjoy a Strawberry Cotton Candy Shirley Temple**
What are your kids favorite version of the kid-friendly Shirley Temple? Please share your pictures using hashtag #SnazzyTemples