We’re gearing up for one of the busiest travel weekend for families as we head into our Fall Season. Atlanta is the perfect weekend getaway destination that’s within driving distance and makes for a great road trip for the family. As you take a few moments to prepare for your upcoming travel plans I urge you to add Atlanta to your radar. There are a plethora of activities that are happening this weekend.
Today I am sharing the Top 7 Things to Do in Atlanta This Labor Day Weekend:
- It’s been a long eight months without college football – but who’s counting? Celebrate the season’s opening this Saturday as the Auburn Tigers take on the Washington Huskies at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Kickoff is at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1, but there’s plenty to do around the city all weekend long.
- Get in the team spirit with hundreds of fellow fans at Tailgate Town, a free, outdoor pre-game event at the Georgia World Congress Center with live entertainment, contests and other fun freebies from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Need a break from the Atlanta heat? World of Coca-Cola is overflowing with refreshing moments and more than 100 drinks from around the world. If you’re thirsting for a deal, download the Coca-Cola App and scan 15 of your favorite Coca-Cola products to unlock one free general admission ticket to World of Coca-Cola. The offer runs through Oct. 9. Find out more here.
- Join thousands of sci-fi and fantasy fans at Atlanta’s largest parade: the annual Dragon Con Parade. Characters from your favorite movies, books and comics will begin marching down Peachtree Street at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- All weekend long, literature lovers can check out the largest independent book festival in the country. The AJC Decatur Book Festival features book signings, author readings, panel discussions, live music and more.
- Outdoor types won’t want to miss a visit to Stone Mountain Park, followed by the Lasershow Spectacular and a special fireworks display for Labor Day weekend.
- Head over to the world’s largest aquarium for an up-close look at marine life from dolphins to whale sharks. In honor of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, the Georgia Aquarium is offering 20 percent off general admission and animal encounters from Aug. 29-Sept. 5. Purchase tickets online here.
Have you had the opportunity to visit any of our Top Picks? What are your families favorite places to visit in Atlanta?