How hard is it to follow when God orders your footsteps? The past few weeks I had been contemplating a decision that could essentially make or break me as they say because you never know how the opposing parties will react. It wasn’t until this past week that I heard different messages from God that made total sense daily but when put together really break things down and place them in perspective.
So many times we find ourselves listening to people in the natural but ignoring that voice in the spiritual. God speaks to us just like we naturally talk with one another. It’s in those moments that we slow down when we’re able to hear him clearly. In the natural discussing that inner voice with an unbeliever will cause you to second guess yourself but with a believer they will join in, touch and agree.
The life of every great man and woman in the Bible was marked by the ability to hear and recognize the voice of God. Just as God has spoken to them clearly, He has promised to speak to us as well.
The bible tells us in John 10:27, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”
If you’re in doubt here are some simple ways you can begin to hear the voice of God.
- Set aside time to pray and seek God’s voice. Habakkuk 2:1
- Listen for God’s voice. Isaiah 50:4 says, “He awakens me morning by morning to listen.” I start my day by making an intentional declaration to sit still and listen for God’s voice.
- Be obedient with his instructions. While praying ensure that you’re consistently listening. I find that in the early morning I hear from God clearer. I use my morning for prayer and listening while my nights God shows me visions and dreams that are to come.
- God instructs us in life but we must be open to hear and obey him. Luke 16:10
- Lean not to your own understanding. Hebrews 3:15
- Be open and willing to do whatever He tells you
- Always be joyful and thank God for everything that he has done in your life. Praise him for Past, Present and Future. what God has done. A thankful heart is a soft heart.
This past week has been one of Supernatural Teaching, Instructions and Revelations. It wasn’t until today, July 21, 2019 while at an event that I saw where God had placed me, why he placed me there, how he utilized a person to open the door for me to walk into and allow him to work not Turkesha. Lord I praise your precious name.